“It’s never too late to be what you might have been” – George Eliot
Totally borrowed that, but it says it all and I couldn’t come up with anything nearly as good.
We have candidates starting their flying careers in their early 40’s. People changing careers in their 50’s. And those with two degrees and 10 years in management or business kicking off a new career as a fire fighter.
These people rock my world. Why? Cos they have courage, conviction and are taking a risk, one that I don’t know that I would take after 20 years secluded in the world of my own business.
I felt like I needed a reality check so I could finish a few “out of my comfort zone projects” and that everyone might enjoy these reminders too.
- At age 23, Oprah was fired from her first reporting job.
- At age 24, Stephen King was working as a Janitor and living in a trailer.
- At age 28, J.K. Rowling was a suicidal single parent living on welfare.
- At age 30, Harrison Ford was a carpenter.
- Vera Wang failed to make the Olympic figure skating team, didn’t get the Editor-in Chief position at Vogue, and designed her first dress at 40.
- Alan Rickman gave up his graphic design career to pursue acting at age 42.
- Samuel L Jackson didn’t get his first movie role until he was 46.
- Morgan Freeman landed his first MAJOR movie role at 52.
- Louise Hay didn’t launch her publishing company, Hay House until she was 62.
So, get going you! (yes I’m talking to myself)